Visitors are welcome. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
For information about Austin, try the Austin City website. It’s pretty gung-ho Austin, but includes a visitor’s guide, maps of the Austin area, information about flying into and out of the city, and information about ground transportation.
Directions to the UT Campus from various locations can be found on the University of Texas Visitors website. Also, the Austin Capital Metro bus system provides service to and from the Austin Bergstrom Airport and the UT campus for a cost of $1.75 on the Route 100 Airport Flyer. We are located in the basement of the Jackson Geological Sciences Building, room 1.120, in the East Mall portion of campus (map) .
The Visitor’s guide has a listing of Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts in the Austin area. Below are a few facilities in the UT area culled from the guide; please refer to the guide website for additional listings.
Bed & Breakfasts
- Carriage House Inn Bed & Breakfast | 1110 West 22 1/2 St., 78705 | (512) 472-2333 or (866) 472-2333
- The Star of Texas Inn | 611 W. 22nd Street, 78705 | (512) 472-6700
- Austin Folk House | 506 W. 22nd Street, 78705 | (512) 472-6700 or (866) 472-6700
- Inn at Pearl Street | 1809 Pearl Street, 78701 | (512) 478-0051
- ATT Conference Center | 1900 University Avenue, 78705 | (512) 404-1900 or (877) 744-8822
- Days Inn University | 3105 N. IH-35, 78722 | (512) 478-1631 or (800) 725-ROOM
- Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown | 300 S. Congress, 70704 | (512) 469-9000
- Holiday Inn Town Lake | 20 N. IH-35, 78701 | (512) 472-8211
- La Quinta Capitol | 300 E 11th Street, 78701 | (512) 476-1166 or (800) 531-5900
- Rodeway Inn University | 2900 N. IH-35, 78705 | (512) 477-6395
- Super 8 Downtown | 1201 North I-35, 70702 | (512) 472-8331
Inclusion or exclusion on this list does not constitute endorsement or lack thereof by the University of Texas or the CT lab Research Staff.